Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When I hear of things so ghastly as Kony's abduction and enslavement of children; endoctrinating them into a child army to kill their own families, to torture and maim and to rape; and using young girls as sex slaves, treating them as so much cattle I find myself doing what so many others do: I wonder how such things can happen. I ask myself, "How can a human being possibly want to do such things to children?"
But then I have to remind myself that mankind is fully capable of such evil, as has been documented for centuries. Wondering at Hitler didn't stop him; taking mass action did. The same was true of many others, like Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier; Sadam Hussein; Moamar Qadafi to name only a handful. The only way to stop such evil is, quite simply, to DO IT. Take action. Spread the word. Demand that those who represent us, in every state and nation, take action.
Demand that our public servants act on our behalf for this most righteous of causes.
Save these children from a life of hell on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment